Copier & Printer Repair
Field Service Technician
Field Service Technician
Boring Business Systems has been in business since 1924! We are growing and looking to add another Field Service Technician to our team. This is an entry-level position.
When our customers have issues with their copiers or printers, our Copier Service Technicians trouble shoots/diagnoses and repairs their equipment. Service Technicians should be both mechanically/technically inclined, work well alone or as part of a team and have excellent communication skills. Our service department provides quick and prompt response times. The Service Technicians deliver exceptional customer service and handle all customer issues with utmost professionalism.
From the beginning, we’ve wanted Boring Business Systems to be different from other companies. Different in how we work with each other, different in how we treat our customers, and different in the results we achieve. These differences are best captured in the 27 “Fundamentals” that are the foundation for our unique culture. We call it…
The Boring Way
In This Role, You Will Get To:
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair technical issues with copiers/printers.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Work as part of a cohesive team
- Work independently out in the field.
- Maintain a company vehicle.
- Be a part of an amazing culture!
We Are Looking for People Who:
- Can be active listeners to ensure customers question and concerns are being addressed.
- Find creative problem-solving fulfilling & challenging.
- Are self-motivated, have excellent time management skills, and eager to learn.
- Thrive in a dynamic & collaborative environment.
- Adapt quickly to changing priorities and customer needs.
- Have a high attention to detail and a sense of urgency.
- Interested in ongoing learning and training.
- Are mechanically/technically inclined.
- Provide excellent customer service for all of Boring’s customers and clients, inside and outside of the organization.
- Have an excellent driving record.
Required, Education, Training and/or Experience:
- 2 years or more of customer service support experience.
- 3 years or more of prior experience repairing copiers/printers or other technical devices preferred.
- Mechanical and technical experience is required.
- Driver’s license with a clean driving record is required.
- High school diploma or equivalent
Required Interpersonal, Problem solving, Or Other Skills and Abilities:
- Positive Attitude
- High level of integrity, energetic, excellent interpersonal and time management, skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- “Get it done” work ethic.
- Methodical troubleshooting, clear communication, and attention to detail are essential traits for achieving success in this role.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
Required Decision Making and Organization Impact:
This position requires the employee to be autonomous in managing his/her daily activities.
Balancing, bending /stooping, climbing, crawling, walking, sitting, standing, lifting, carrying or pushing equipment at times that could exceed 150lbs or greater, grasping, kneeling, hand/eye coordination, repetitive motion, pulling hand over hand, reaching above shoulders, utilization of hands/fingers for typing and writing, ability to see and read PC screens; detect color coding, read fine print, and/or normal type size print, and the ability to detect specific noises, understand what clients are saying in normal conversation. The ability to operate a motor vehicle.
*This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Our Reward to You
We are a family-run company and believe in a healthy work/life balance by offering the following:
- Paid Training
- Monday-Friday 8am-5pm Work Schedule
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Personal, Sick, Holiday)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan (With Company Match)
- We are an ESOP company (Employee Stock Ownership Plan/Retirement Plan)
- Life Insurance
- AD&D Insurance
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Aflac Supplemental Insurance
- Corporate discount program with TicketsatWork
Plus, We Provide
- Company vehicle
- Company cell phone
- Opportunity to attend our annual “Presidents Trip” with spouse or significant other to one of our beautiful tropical destinations.
Depends on industry experience.
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
- Face masks provided if needed.
Boring Business Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Boring Business Systems is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Boring Business Systems are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Boring Business Systems will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
To apply for this position, submit your resume here or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.